1. Terms and General Information
- 1.1 The Gothic Anatomist (“the blog”, “we” or “us”) is a personal blog.
- 1.2 The blog is managed and written by a single person (“the author”).
- 1.2.1 From time to time, a guest author (“guest”) may be invited to write a post to be hosted on the blog.
2. Disclaimer of Warranties
- 2.1 All content provided on this blog is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. [In other words, despite some people’s opinion, I am indeed human; and as such may make mistakes when writing. Therefore don’t rely solely on my writing – do some research and find other sources!]
- 2.2 Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, availability or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 2.3 Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- 2.4 The opinions and views expressed in the blog are solely that of the author. The author makes absolutely no representation of the views or opinions of any company, institution or professional body that he is connected with. [Just because I work for an organisation, doesn’t mean I’m speaking for them. They can get their own blog!]
- 2.5 From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or that the website(s) or their owners endorse us. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- 2.6 Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Scotland.
3. Moderation of comments
- 3.1 We strongly support freedom of speech and an individuals right to freedom of expression. However, the author reserves the right to remove or edit, without notice, any comments which are deemed to be unlawful, inappropriate or grossly offensive in nature. [In other words, I intend to use a light touch in moderating comments, but obviously some things cannot be tolerated.]
- 3.2 Although every effort will be made to moderate all comments posted onto the blog, the author cannot guarantee this. [Unbelievably, I do actually have a life away from my computer and I’m sometimes just too busy to make sure everyone is behaving themselves.]
4. Advertising and Reviews
- 4.1 No paid advertisements appear on the blog.
- 4.2 On a non-paid basis, certain events, people and locations may be promoted on the blog, but only where relevant and of possible interest to the readership.
- 4.3 The author has no control over, nor edorses any advertisements hosted on external links.
- 4.4 Any reviews conducted by the author are purely for academic interest and express only the author’s opinion or views.
- 4.5 If any products or services are provided to the author for purposes of review, this will be explicitly stated in the post. [If anyone wants to send me things to review, that’s fine by me.]
- 4.6 In keeping with the educational nature of the blog, all reviews will remain impartial and unbiased. [Just because you’ve been kind enough to send me a book/model/tool etc, doesn’t mean I’m going to give it a glowing review if it doesn’t deserve one!]
5. Limitation of Liability